Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A week in Colorado

There is almost nothing better than sitting in Colorado looking at the mountains with a slight chill in the air or actually this time a year, a very cold chill in the air. It is times like these that I get excited for Chile, but also a little sad, considering that we are going to be away from our families for the next year. In fact in the last couple of weeks some incredible things have happened. Kate Bailey, one of my best friends got engaged and we also found out that my Aunt is going to have her first child.


When I stop to think about missing the weddings of our good friends Trey and Catherine, Kate and Bill, and my cousin Palmer and Mallory, and also the birth of Julia and Ethan’s baby, I feel a slight bit of sadness knowing that we will not be present for these big events.


However, if there is one thing that I have learned over the past year, it is that as much as I want to be apart of everything, I have to trust God and know that he is sending us to Chile for a purpose.


A quick update: Chase and I have been in contact with a couple who live in Santiago. They have a four bedroom apartment and have offered us a room. It sounds like an incredible opportunity. While John is from Austin he married a woman from Santiago (she only speaks Spanish). It seems like this would be the best way to get plugged in and learn Spanish. Please be praying for our decision in living with them and also that we will be able to find jobs once we get to Santiago.


By the way if anyone is considering traveling abroad I have come upon a travel book that I really like; it is called the. “Cultural Shock! A survival Guide to Customs and Etiquette.” I would strongly recommend seeing if they have a guide for which ever country you plan on traveling too.

No comments:

Post a Comment