Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Gifts from the US

Andrew finally returned to Chile last week and was so kind as to bring an entire back pack full of things from my mom. I was so excited to receive everything that I could not wait for him to come over. You might be wondering what they sent that I was so excited about and it wasn't anything too big just little things that we miss from home such as sour belts (my favorite candy), a salad dressing mixer with packets to make salad dressing (they only have olive oil and lemon here), some pepper and other spices as I have mentioned before Chileans do not like flavor for some reason so everything is very bland. These were just a few things that were fun to get!


My mom heard we did not have a smoke detector so of coarse she sent us one.

Enjoying every second of opening gifts but Andrew was definitely making fun of me here.

You always need some new nike shorts and shirts

This past weekend Chase and I did not do a whole lot. We went to dinner with two of our students on Friday, which was a lot of fun. I teach Claudia and Chase teaches Tomas and they are dating. They took us a to bar in Vitacura, which is one of the nicest neighborhood in Santiago. It was fun to go there and we enjoyed spending time with Claudia and Tomas.

Saturday was quite possible the most beautiful day we have had in Santiago so I convinced Chase and Andrew that we needed to go on picnic. I wanted to rent bikes but unfortunately we had to have our passports which we do not just carry around with us so we had to walk to the park. On the way we picked up some KFC, which I have not had in years! It was much better than I remember it being, now I just have to keep myself from going to often.

We had to walk a pretty far distant and no one likes soggy fries so I decided to eat them on the way to the park. It might be best way to eat fries because I was hopefully burning some calories, lets be honest you all know how much I love fries!

We had a wonderful afternoon just hanging out in the park. We actually saw a dog almost kill another dog which was pretty crazy. A stray dog attacked another little dog and some random guy grabbed the little dog that was being attacked. When he held up the little dog the stray dog was still biting the small dog and did not want to stop. It was pretty intense for a couple of minutes.

There are street performers every where trying to make some money, we saw this guy juggling fire on the way home which was pretty cool.

Sunday was another beautiful day but we spent most of our time getting to church, attending church, and then getting home. I now appreciate how convenient having a car is. It has also made me realize how much of the world can't sleep in till an hour before church and make it on time. I am definitely beginning to understand how easy my life is in the US compared to here and the rest of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment