Monday, November 16, 2009

Chile's Fruit the Cherimoya

Before we left for Chile we heard about the fruit called Cherimoya. We have seen them in stands of the side of the street and in the grocery stores, but have been a little afraid of them. One of Chase's students decided it was time we tried them so he actually brought one to class for Chase to take home to try. Ever since I first saw this fruit, I thought it was hard, so you can imagine my surprise when I finally picked up the cherimoya and it felt like a peach. We cut it open and each tried a bite. I will have to say it was our first and last Cherimoya. It was incredible sweet and had a very strange texture.

A Chilean Cherimoya


It had lots of seeds

As you can tell from the picture, Chase really did not like the Cherimoya.

Every time we want to exercise we walk to a trail that goes along the Mapocho River. When I say a trail along the Mapocho Everytime we go to this trail we pass this strange piece of art. So Chase and I decided it was time to take a picture of it.

I am pretty sure we walked past this atleast 10 times before we noticed the guy on the top walking.


No comments:

Post a Comment