Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Back to reality after nine days of Vacation!

Well I have not blogged in about two weeks so I have a lot of catching up to do. In fact I am not even really sure where to begin so I guess I will start from Saturday two weeks ago. Saturday night we cooked out with Andrew at his house. It is so nice to know some one with a house and a grill. I definetely miss grilling.

Chase trying to keep up with the Baylor football game online at Andrews

After dinner we decided to walk to meet up with some other friends in Bellavista an area where there are lots of restaurants and fun bars. One street is a little dangerous but literally one street over is great place to go for dinner.

On the walk over we found a street named Julio since there some many Julio's in Chase's family we had to take a picture!


we met up with out friends Alex and Maria Jose

The following week was crazy. Chase and I had do so much to get done before my family came to visit. We had three spanish classes to try to get ready for taking the family around but we still have a long way to go. The Thursday before my family came to visit on Nov 19th we took the subway with our friends Elaine and Frederick to the Movie Star Arena located in Parque O'Higgens. Once inside I was overwhelmed by the number of people in the stadium. Both Chase and my impression of Chile so far have been that it is a very spiritually dead country but this experience was so encouraging. There were so many young people and they were all so excited to be there.



The concert was half in Spanish and half in English, I think it was really good for us to hear songs in Spanish hopefully it helped our Spanish. We had a great time and were so glad that we went.

Elaine and Frederick at the concert




No comments:

Post a Comment