Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas Cookies!

Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year and I can not remember a year without making a christmas cookies so I was not going to start this year. I knew it was going to be a process but I just did not realize it would take about 4 hours. Only being able to cook about 10 cookies at at time makes for a long afternoon with me and my toaster oven. Another thing that made it a little difficult was that I could not find all the ingrediants for icing so I had to make do with what I am pretty sure was powder sugar, vanilla and milk. They did not taste as good as the ones we made in the States but they will work for this year.

Chase was cooking dinner so I had to use our holiday corner but it was nice making Christmas cookies in front of our tree.

Making the icing

Decorating cookies

We did not have any food coloring but luckily we had different types of sprinkles!

Wrapping up the cookies for gifts, my mom taught me the best trick of cutting off the top of a plastic bag put the cookies in and then tie it up with a ribbon. We are passing out the cookies to our doormen, clients and other people. So far everyone we have given them to has freaked out apparently nobody cooks here and nobody gives Christmas gifts.

1 comment:

  1. So cute, Merrill! Seriously, what would a Christmas be without Christmas cookies!? Way to be thrifty and make it happen!

    ReplyDelete