Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas in Chile

Last night Monday the 21st Chase and I celebrated our second Christmas together. It was so fun we played Christmas music and put all the gifts around the tree we ever had stockings to give each other. There are so many traditions of Christmas that I will miss, mostly just spending time with family and watching everyone open gifts. I found that it can be just as fun to give gifts as to receive them. Thanks to our incredible parents and grandparents, who were so organized, we got to open gifts from the whole family. Bear with us we took lots of pictures so that you could see us open all the gifts you gave us!

All the gifts around our tinny little tree!

Notice the small Hat chase is wearing

Chase opening his stocking, my mom was so sweet to bring all of our stocking stuffers!


In my stocking we got Nestle chocolate chips, I was so excited they do not have them here!

and my favorite candy - sour belts from Central Market

Chase opening a gift from my grandparents gmama and gpapa


Gmama and Gpapa gave me a darling dress and one of our salad plates, which they were so nice as to not send it to Chile. Thanks so much!

Chase's grandparents gave us gift cards. Thanks the money is upgrading us to a hotel on our trip!



Some great smelling soaps and best of all some Tony's seasoning, I had to keep Chase from trying to drink it!

Thanks Julie and Julio for all the wonderful gifts you really helped make Christmas so special for us this year!

My mom bought me the Pioneer Woman cookbook because I talk about her all the time now and as a joke a box full of fake money.


Chase and I really like to play games together, although this might be shocking to some of you it gets a little intense sometimes and does not always turn out to well for us. In fact we can no longer play Gen rummy together. It is band for the sake of our marriage.

I was really excited about this box, I had a feeling it might be full of some new clothes!




I love Anthropologie I have definitely come to realize that 99% of my clothes are from there and J.Crew I wonder what that means about me, most likely that I have a problem.

More games!

Whitney wrote me a note of the box

My mom got my sweet friend Whitney to paint me some Toms! Toms have been my saving grace here. I do so much walking that I wear them all the time. For those of you who do not know what Toms are they are pair of very comfortable shoes and for every pair you buy, Toms gives a pair to someone in a third world country.

Thanks Whitney for painting me my Toms, now every time I wear them I will think of you! And thanks mom and dad for all the wonderful gifts and for bringing them to us!

The disaster of a room after we finished. It is actually one of my favorite feeling especially at my grandparents house after Christmas eve when everyone is finished opening and the room is a disaster with wrapping paper and bags everywhere, but it is a happy feeling because everyone is just so excited!

Thanks everyone for helping make our Christmas so special we love and miss you all! Tomorrow we are headed to the north of Chile for 10 days to travel around and see everything. I am sure we will have lots of stories when we get back!

Merry Christmas!



No comments:

Post a Comment