Sunday, December 6, 2009

Our First Anniversary!

I know I am still blogging about the family trip but I had to take a quick break and to talk about our anniversary. Chase and I celebrated our first Anniversary last Sunday in Buenos Aires. My family left the previous day, but Chase and I had decided to stay in Buenos Aires two extra nights to celebrate. We checked into this little Boutique hotel in Palermo Soho called the Nuss on Sunday.

outside out hotel

I was so looking forward to relaxing by the pool and getting some sun, however it rained all day. One fun thing we did do was met up with one of Chase's friends from High school named Jim Weiss for lunch. I had never really talked with Jim so it was fun for me to get to know him and fun for Chase to catch up. After lunch Chase was so sweet and bought me a message which I enjoyed throughly. For dinner we actually just walked across the street to this little steak place called La Retirada. Since it was a rainy Sunday night there was hardly anyone there it was a perfect quiet place to celebrate. The restaurant even brought us both a glass of champaign to celebrate.

Our anniversary dinner

A couple of people have asked us what we did with the top of our wedding cake since we did not get to eat it on our one year anniversary? Well the night before we left the Laguarta's were so nice to have both of our immediate families over for dinner. We thought this would be a great time to eat the cake and drink the nice bottle of champane we got as an engagement gift from our good family friends the Cunninghams. I am not sure how the wedding cake tradition started but I have to say the cake after being in a freezer for 9 months was not great. I think it would be better to get just to get whoever baked your cake to make you the top tier for your anniversary.

Chase and I eating the top of our wedding cake!

I thought it would be fun to share a couple things Chase and I have learned over the past year.

1. To bite my tongue when people say you are so young to be married. I can't imagine being
married are you age. - Merrill
2. Never make a decision without consulting Merrill. - Chase
3. Money doesn't grow on trees, but we sure wish it did - Both
4. Never stay in a hostel, if you want your wife to be happy - Chase
5. Cooking your first year of marriage is really hard, especially without an oven- Merrill
6. If Merrill says she is hungry we better eat soon, she gets grouchy. - Chase
7. Chase can barley survive without College football men definitely need a game, beer and each other to get out their agretion. - Merrill
8. Chase is dirty but neat, Merrill is clean but disorganized - Both
9. Merrill gets and remembers directions by land marks, Chase by street names so we always
think they other person is wrong. - Both
10. The first year has gone faster than we ever imagined and we have loved every second.

To everyone who has supported us and prayed for us over the last year thank you so much. We definitely have learned that marriage is not easy but with God's grace and all of your support we made it a year and look forward to many more. We love and miss you all, please keep calling and emailing us! We love hearing what is going on in each of your lives, it makes being away a little bit easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment