Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A rainy Sunday in Santiago

Sunday was a low key day. Chase and I did not move into our apartment till around 9:30 on Saturday so we were exhausted! We slept in and then went to work on settling into our new place. It took a while to find places for all our clothes and especially the extremely large duffle bags that we brought. Our place is tiny and seriously lacking storage space for two Americans who over packed.

Later in the afternoon we walked over the Unimark, yet another grocery store in Chile. It is now the closet one to us, so we will be frequenting it a lot. In fact in the last three days, I have been there three times. Anyways we went to get stuff for dinner. Andrew came over to our new place and we cooked some chicken pesto pasta, which was delicious and then we had brandy freezes for dessert.

Andrew and Chase kicking back after a delicious meal!

Cooking dessert is going to be a huge challenge without a oven, but brandy freezes are so easy all you need is blender, milk, ice cream, and some brandy. They are great dessert solution.

Having Andrew over was so much fun, it really made our place feel more like home. It is so nice to have our own space. Now we do not have to worry about getting in anyone’s way and we can cook whenever and whatever we want.

So even though our place is really small, I am really excited about being on our own.

Our place!

Chase cooking some Fajitas our second meal in our new place

Our tiny, tiny kitchen

I wanted Santiago to feel like home so I brought all the Save the Dates and Wedding invitations to put them on our fridge.

Our second dinner of incredible chicken fajitas

I found a cinnamon sugar pretzel at the mall I was pretty excited about it. I have notice that there are a lot of really awkward pictures of me eating. I promise I do other things besides eat!

I will post some pictures of the place soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment