Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Waiting

While things have been going great, last night Chase and I found out that we need to definitely moved out by September 16th. The family we are staying with has some other family coming in town so they are going to need our room. So the pressure is definitely on to find a place. with all the looking and no finding, it is so hard not to begin panicking a little bit but Chase and I keep reminding each other that the Lord really opened up the doors for us to come down here and that He is not going to just abandon us now that we are here. In fact, every morning I get a devotional on my email and bellow is what I read this morning. It could not have come at a better time.

One lesson which the Holy Spirit has been trying to teach me for years is the spiritual value of waiting on God. The Lord's timing is seldom mine. His word reminds me, "'my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,' declares the Lord" (Isaiah 55:8). Noah worked for 100 years building his Ark before it finally rained (drought-plagued friends in central Texas, take heart). Abraham and Sarah waited 25 years for the son God promised them. The children of Israel were enslaved for 430 years in Egypt before their deliverance came (Exodus 12:40).

Are you waiting on God today? Is there a prayer he hasn't yet answered, a need he apparently hasn't met, direction he hasn't given? His timing is perfect. He is never early, but he is never late. He redeems all he allows, and never makes a mistake. When I'm waiting on God, it usually turns out that he was waiting on me.

How might your Father redeem your wait today? How could this delay be used for his glory and your good? "They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint" (Isaiah 40:31 KJV). Enjoy your flight.

By Dr. James C. Denison President, The Center for Informed Faith, Dallas, Texas

I really think that this adventure that Chase and I are on has a lot do with learning to trust God to be Lord of our lives and to trust him completely to take care of us in every way. So please be praying that we will continue to be patient but please also pray that we can find a place quickly.

On a completely different note, today Chase and I started working. I taught a women named Claudia who wants to learn English. She asked me some really tough questions such as, "what does so then mean?" Try explaining that to someone with limited English.

Chase on the other hand, taught Victor the TOEFL. We both had a little bit of a rough start but I think with a little more time and practice we are both going to be great.

Tomorrow we go to look at some more apartments, so I will keep you updated.

1 comment:

  1. I receive those morning devotionals, too and that one was especially helpful. I'm praying for you and Chase daily as you are still figuring things out and "waiting".

    ReplyDelete