Monday, October 5, 2009

Since we last blogged, Jamie and Julio have had their baby. A beautiful healthy baby boy named Garner Ellis Laguarta. We have seen a few pictures and he definitely looks like both of them.

Chase and I had a very low key weekend, which is exactly what needed. Friday I worked all day for the first time. It felt good to be busy. I don't think I mentioned this yet, but I have started helping and editing people's resumes and essays to get into Grad schools in the US. So far I have been really enjoying it even though it is an extremely tedious process.

Quick lunch at an Irish Pub close to our apartment, I don't think we will be going back but it was a beautiful day and we got to sit outside.

Saturday we had to go into the office for a meeting, which was a little annoying to have to go in on a Saturday, but we got our pay checks so it made it worth it. Saturday night Chase took me out to a very nice restaurant around the corner from where we live Called Miguel Torres to celebrate our first paycheck. We proceeded to spend about half of our paychecks on dinner but it was delicious and worth every penny.

First picture, the waiter wanted to take another one

second picture some very enthusiastic Chileans in the background waiving

Bellow are just some random pictures and stories of things in Chile.

Chase wanted me to put this picture of a Fanta on the blog because the Country of Chile actually petitioned (got like 1 million signatures) Fanta to bring Grape Fanta to Chile. And it worked as of last month you can now get grape Fanta in Chile. If you can not tell Chileans love their juice!

It is getting much warmer here thank goodness! So last thursday we had our windows open to cool off the apartment and we kept hearing what sounded like a marching band so we raced outside to see what was going on, only to find these thee guys with their faces painted playing very loudly trying to make some money. It was very odd.

I do not remember which day I went to the grocery store but as I was walking into the store I noticed this guy selling fresh produce on the stairs leading up to the grocery store. I could not help but laugh, there is no way in the US that a grocery store would allow someone to sell anything of their stairs. Anyways he was selling the most beautiful strawberries so on my way out I bought some and I must admit they were incredible!

Our apartment building

view from our balcony, it is great we can see right into other people's apartments and offices


Chase took a picture of me blogging

No comments:

Post a Comment