Sunday, October 25, 2009

yummy Apple Crisp!

Chase and I had an eventful couple of days beginning on Wednesday. Wednesday night Chase and I attend a Ex partriot happy hour. It was fun to meet some other English speakers from all over the world. Although it was good I do not think we will be attending many ex-patriot events it defeats the purpose of meeting Chileans.

Thursday night I continued on my baking spree and baked an apple crisp. I have really come to love making this dessert because it is so easy, but taste so good. This recipe is from a good family friend Tami.

The Ingrediants needed

½ cup sugar, 1 tsp. cinnamon ,4 cups Jonathan apples peeled and sliced (may also us granny smith)

Topping: ½ cup sugar, ½ cup flour, ½ cup butter, ½ cup oatmeal

Topping: ½ cup sugar, ½ cup flour, ½ cup butter, ½ cup oatmeal

Blend topping ingredients together with pastry blender (or 2 knives) until mixture resembles small peas. Sprinkle on apples

Cut apples

Add sugar and Cinnamon to apples

Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes or until apples are tender and top is lightly browned.

Lastly add a scoop of Vanilla Ice cream and enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the recipe! You are so domestic. Can't wait for our skype date, and I'm seriously so impressed you made cookie dough. I need the recipe! I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!! That looks so good Merrill! I'm gonna have to try that one!

    ReplyDelete